Monday 1 July 2019

Birthday Books

I've been playing around with altering things this last week.  Lots of stencil and structure paste and various paints, glues and waxes to finish.  I'm now at the finishing stage of a few things and am pleased with how the majority are turning out.

I have two birthdays this week for young people and have altered the books below for them instead of sending a card.  Both are Stamperia moulding creme and moulds.  Very easy to use the moulds but an absolute devil to stick to anything.  I eventually found that Mod Podge and being held in place for ages worked.  Even the trusted Cosmic Shimmer didn't hold these babies. It could, of course, be the heat but as everything else was drying super quick I don't think so.  But hey, first world problems...




There's lots I would do differently next time (next time???) but for a first time of using the product I quite like them.

Now to sort some buckets out..

3 comments:

  1. These look fantastic Karen. I bought these moulds and the Stamperia paste too so thank you for the heads up with the sticking problem.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are tricky to work with Sue. Remind me when we next meet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are super, Karen, what a great idea. I'm sure the recipients will love them. xx

    ReplyDelete