Wednesday 28 November 2018

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday 495

I haven't been able to craft much lately as my mother, who has dementia, has reached the final stages of the disease and I'm spending a lot of my time caring for her along with my sisters and stepfather.    But..... I had already planned to have a Christmas card making session yesterday with three friends.  We have all known each other approx 40 years and have taken to meeting up monthly for coffee and laughs.  None have crafted before so I was delighted when they wanted to make cards.  It was just the tonic I needed.  We all had a hoot, and my friends were thrilled with their cards.  Apparently we are now going to do this every month!

We made two cards, one a Clarity with a glittered stained glass window effect, and the second a layered die cut card using a Sue Wilson edge die and sentiment.

So, what's on my desk today?  Everything that was dumped on it yesterday.

I thought I would share with you the finished results from yesterday - I don't know who is prouder them or me!  Believe it or not, this is the best photo of six.  It was like herding cats trying to get them all quiet and looking at me.  Crafting and friends - the recipe for happiness.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, fab cards, you clearly did a great job in the teaching! I'm not surprised they're pleased with them. A monthly 'date' will be a real boost to you I'm sure, allowing you to mentally 'take a break' from the caring, which must be so hard on you.Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your mother, but I am glad you had a little "you" time. Helen #5

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen your link is to an older post. Sorry to hear about your mother, dementia is never easy to deal with. Happy that you managed some crafting time with your buddies - the monthly meeting sounds great fun. Have a lovely week Heather x #8

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen, I made it here eventually. Glad you had such fun with your friends. Sounds a great idea to make it a monthly event. Sorry to hear about your mum. Sarah #10

    ReplyDelete