Monday 25 February 2019

Back in the room

After a really busy month with little time for myself I'm back in the (blogging) room.  I've returned to work part time and because it's only a few days a month I seem to still be doing all the other things I do as well.  And the best present of all, our first grandchild was born on 4th Feb which has meant I have been nipping up and down the M1 for visits and cuddles.

But I have still had time for a little bit of crafting, mainly my first memory album.  For my birthday the lovely Sue Tossell gave me Tonic's memory book 2 and spine dies.  I had never seen them before and wow am I in love with them?  I can't remember the last time I prepared so well for anything.  Making memory books is addictive and I'm already planning my next one.

For this I have used Graphic 45 Vintage Hollywood papers and used a variety of pockets, flaps and bellybands to decorate each page. There is also a pocket between each page with a tag ready to take 4x6 photos.   I also treated myself to the Tonic Legacy Keeper Wallet (swoon) and used this on two pages.  I made this for a friend who is herself celebrating a significant birthday this week and is also a glamorous film buff. 

For a first time I'm quietly pleased with this one.






2 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous Karen, I'm so glad that you liked the dies, they make such a beautiful album. You've made a great job of this one and I can't wait to see the next one (maybe a baby album?). Did you know that tonic have new album dies coming out at the end of this week?

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha - you know me too well! Next album all cut out and ready to go is a baby album. I used my Graphic 45 baby papers on a Claire Charvill album and box for P when she had the baby, so had to go and buy some different papers yesterday, what a hardship!!!
    I've already bought the memory book 1, the legacy keeper and the layered cascade die set so I'm going to be holding off on anything new for a while (which is code for I shall probably get it next week). Hope all's well.

    ReplyDelete