Wednesday 16 January 2019

Happy Birdee


It is a male friends birthday this week and as he is a keen birdwatcher I dug through my unused stamps to find something suitable.  I didn't want to send a realistic looking bird as I knew my knowledge of birds wasn't up to accuracy in colouring so I settled on this Tim Holtz set.  For some reason the stamps were not in a packet so I don't know what they are called.  I heat embossed the background using an unused tub of gunmetal coloured embossing powder (unlabelled) which didn't work at all as I was expecting.  Perhaps it wasn't embossing powder? But it gave quite a nice masculine background to show off a stamped and fussy cut bird and sentiment.  While making this card I remembered another birthday that I had forgotten so quickly made the second card to get delivered today. 

Sticking to my new year resolution I had to make a decision about the stamps and decided that while I liked them, they had limited use and have gone in the swap box, and the embossing powder in the bin!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, they're called Crazy Birds, I love them, they make such great cards. Love these you made.Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for info Shaz. I swapped them yesterday with a friend, so I know where they are if I need them again. I gained a Lavinia stamp, so I think we were both winners!

      Delete