Sunday 13 January 2019

Birthday Crafting Party


This year I celebrate a significant birthday and when my husband asked if I wanted a party I said I wanted a crafting party.  Even though my birthday isn't until the 24th the party was on the 5th as co-ordinating diaries wasn't as easy as I'd hoped.

So, on the 5th five crafting buddies settled down to complete two Andy Skinner workshops.  We were so busy talking I forgot to take photos of the day.  The first workshop was covering a paper mache book box with embossed card and masking fluid, and then painted using Andy's various paint methods.  It was amazing how different each box looked even though we all followed the same instructions.  For the second workshop we altered the front of a note book using embossed card and structure paste.  This time, after reading Andy's instructions,  we all went off piste and did our own thing.  Again five very different book fronts.  I really enjoyed both techniques and will use them again, and not only because I have loads of masking fluid left!

At the end of a lovely day crafting, and yes there were a lot of carbohydrates involved, we all went to a local Thai restaurant to round the day off.  I'm very lucky to know such kind, generous and funny people.

The first picture is of the book.  When finished I felt the orange 'holes' needed something so added the text.  I think this makes it look like it means business and is to be used.  The book box is nearly finished, and yesterday my stepfather fell in love with it so I suspect it will be going his way. 



1 comment:

  1. I love both of you finished projects Karen, the book looks great with the added words. The book box looks fabulous with the added gilding wax (well that what it looks like). We had a great day and learnt some great new techniques too. You should have a special Birthday every year.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete