Sunday 13 January 2019

Playdates and Inky backgrounds



On Friday a good friend came round to play.  We knew each other before crafting but since I've led her into the crafting world we see a lot more of each other and have regular 'play dates' where we try new things out and put the world to rights.  This Friday we made inky backgrounds in the morning using a Gel plate and brusho's.  Lots of ooohing ensued and a few hmmms and one or two 'dont like thats'!  After lunch we made cards from the backgrounds.  I was quite happy with both of my finished cards.  The first used brusho's brayered through a Visible Image stencil and then over stamped with an old Visible Image stamp that definitely isn't going in the swap box!  The second has a brayered background with Lavinia stamp as the main image.  I used an Inkylicious stencil and Sweet Dixie and Clarity stamps to add depth to the card.  Again non of the stamps used will be going in the swap box as they all earn their keep. When I was making this I remembered a friends wedding anniversary is  coming up and so will use this card for that.  I couldn't believe that I don't have a happy anniversary stamp in my stash, so have had to order one.  Sandra made a couple of lovely toppers from her backgrounds, and again I forgot to take photos.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Karen, especially like the background idea of brayered brusho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful card Karen especially the Lavina card ( but then you know my weakness for all things Lavina).

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete