Tuesday 9 June 2020

A lovely time getting inky fingers

Yesterday I had a lovely time in an online class run by Maxine Payne at Maximum Crafts.  Maxine runs these by Zoom monthly and sends you the kit needed before each class.

Yesterday we used the Crafter's Companion layering stencils.  I had the Timeless Lilies and the Perfect Peonies stencils.  Both were easy to use but with the Lilies stencil I got a better finish by using the stencils in a different order than suggested.  I used a mixture of Distress Inks, Distress Oxides and Izinks.  My hands looked like I'd had a wonderful time when the class finished.  Happy Days indeed.


After the class in the evening I had a rather boring Zoom meeting to attend, so continued stencilling through it as a displacement activity whilst listening to a lot of boring speakers.  I reached up to the shelf in front of me for my Peeled Paint Distress ink and pulled the whole unit and 64 inks down with an almighty clatter.  I certainly had everyone's attention.  Whoops!

I haven't added sentiments to the Lily cards yet as I'm waiting to see what I use them for.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards. I especially love the lily ones, so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards Karen, I especially love the lilies. I've got these stencils and not used the yet, this might be the nudge that I need to get them out.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous collection of cards Karen, I rarely use stencils - you have inspired me to get mine out.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to laugh about the incident in your meeting - just the kind of thing I would do. I'm very tempted by the Maximum Crafts workshop - I might just join in the July one. Wouldn't it be funny to meet up via Zoom all these years after last seeing each other?

    ReplyDelete