Thursday 18 June 2020

A prize winning card

Yesterday I entered the Facebook competition at Crafting with John Next Door and won!!

I never win competitions or raffles so am shocked as well as pleased.  I'm also amazed as the card is not one of my neatest by far.  In fact it's a happy accident of lots of paint and a big smile.

The theme for the competition was Red and Pink and you have to use something from the John Next Door range.  I decided to use the large media plate and John's new Calyspo flower stamps and die.  These are lovely as they are overlay stamps so you get a good graduation of colour and like John's other flower stamps and dies they match easily for cutting out.

I used many different pinks and reds on the media plate without much success - I have a lot of backgrounds to work on... I was trying to use the media plate like a gelli plate and it's a very different beast.  In the end I used two reds and a bright pink and stamped onto the media plate and got a good pull which I thought would make a good card base.  A frame, flowers, leaves were added and because I thought it a happy card a big smile sentiment.  The lines on the card base are where I dropped the acrylic block when stamping - a very happy accident!

I have sent this card to a friend who I don't see very often just to say hello, I'm hoping the leaves aren't too bashed when it arrives.


2 comments:

  1. A fantastic card Karen, congratulations on your win.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue -it didn't come out as planned but aren't they the best cards?

    ReplyDelete