Monday 1 June 2020

Starting Over



When I started this blog I had great hopes and plans for keeping it up to date and posting regularly.  Ha! Life certainly leads in you ways you didn't plan to go and hence I've only played with the blog, but know I feel well enough and have enough time to get going again.  SO.... here I am :)

This card used a PaperArtsy stamp set by JOFY.  (JOFY93) that I bought for an upcoming art journal workshop and I fell in love with it straight away and had to use it.

Very easy background of Tumbled Glass and Broken China distress inks, with main stamp and sentiment in Versafine Onyx Black.  Coloured in with pencils and hilights added with Sakura gel pen.  I then added the background stamps to add depth and texture and sprayed with an old shimmer mist spray that I've decanted into another bottle.  Unfortunately or fortunately the mist blobbed rather than misted but I like the end effect very much.  I know I shall be using this stamp set a lot in the future.




4 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogland Karen, I love your gorgeous card and can see why you fell in love with this stamp. hope to see you here again soon.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WElcome back to blogging.LOve the stamp and beautiful background
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on starting over, Karen! You can't beat JOFY stamps and I love your pink and blue gorgeous background! It's a beautifully matted design! Thank you very much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete