Tuesday 16 June 2020

JOFY likes it!


Last week I took possession of one of the latest Jofy stamps, Jofy90.  I had admired other peoples work which showed a very large flower but couldn't find the stamp, and then I realised the stamp was five individual petals as the flower when put together is too large for a single stamp.  Once I realised this my order was in straight away and my fingers itched until I was able to sit and play with it.

I thought I'd just do a simple flower to start with just to get the feel of the stamp.  Wow is it large!  Like all Paperartsy stamps it is real quality to use.  I made a background on 7 inch Clarity stencil card using iced spruce and weathered wood distress inks. 

The background is far more textured than in the photo - I had a choice in the photo between background or foreground and couldn't have them both!  I stamped the flower on watercolour card that had previously had black soot distress ink washed over it.  Because of the texture of the paper I had to colour in the solid black areas and use my white gel pen for highlights.  The circles are Decoarts neon pink that I have had for ages and never used. To pull the background and foreground together I stamped another Jofy stamp in neon on the background.  I matted onto black to frame the work.

I posted this on Facebook and Jo herself said she liked it  - my cup runneth over!

I'm going to give this card to my daughter for her upcoming birthday as she's always had a thing for neon pink.  Fingers crossed that by July 4th I might be able to give it too her in person.



1 comment:

  1. I can see why you liked this stamp so much Karen, it makes a beautiful statement card.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete